Sunday, January 21, 2007

Don't Panic!!!!!!

Okay, so on Wednesday I found out that I had a place in the world's most famous street party (a.k.a. the London Marathon). 11 weeks of training and 2 weeks of tapering isn't quite enough to challenge the leaders but I ran in 2002 and remember the crowd can be quite encouraging. Lots of "keep going Spud" and upon hearing "these are still the real athletes going past" at about 23 miles I nearly fell over laughing. I need to get some training done to get round in a reasonable time - the marathon begins on 22nd April and our second child is due on the 28th - so we'll see how things go over the next couple of months...

Ran for 45 minutes on Thursday night. I'm hoping it was 6 miles - it better not have been less, but I'm refusing to measure it on the map!! Yesterday, went to Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens. Intended to run 3 laps which would have been half distance, but I packed in after 2 laps. I was slowing down anyway and the slight incline up to Hyde Park Corner brought me naturally to a stop just by the tube station. Got home and realised I had a cold. Great!!

Legs feeling pretty weak this morning so it was time for an admin day - filled in the Golden Bond entry form. Still no official acceptance of househusband as an occupation so I'm a '99 - Other'. I've pledged to raise £2500 for Breakthrough Breast Cancer and I'm beginning to think that was a bit foolish. Okay, so I managed £8000 in 2002, but I wasn't a 99 back then.

I know it's a bit early to plan your day, but if you're going to be watching the race on the TV, my number is 34764.

Sponsor me at www.bmycharity.com/runformum

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home