Friday, April 20, 2007

Pride comes before a fall


I completed the formalities of registration yesterday, collecting my race number and 'ChampionChip' as well as getting my name printed on my running vest. This should generate some extra support from the crowd, as long as the second 'O' doesn't fall off.

The ChampionChip will record my exact time, i.e. the time it takes from when I cross the start line (probably a few minutes after the first athletes) to when I cross the finish line. You attach it to your one of your shoes and as you run over mats on the ground your presence is felt. Of course, for those who are really interested in their time it is important to work out which shoe is likely to cross the finish line first.

At the registration centre they have a big exhibition - lots of stalls where you can buy sports stuff, sample the latest energy bar and so on. Fuller's had a stall and they were giving away London Pride (?!). Also you can go and listen to coaches giving advice and answering really interesting questions from the audience, like "should I double knot my laces?"

The exhibition is open to the public, so go on, what's stopping you?

Sponsor me at www.bmycharity.com/runformum

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home