Sunday, February 18, 2007

Blog a Jog Week

Half-term is upon us, so in a bid to improve the nation's health and literacy, this week (traditionally 'Bob a Job Week') has been rebranded as 'Blog a Jog Week'. Thousands of youngsters will be out running and then telling the world about it!

The government has enlisted the help of many of the country's top runner-writers to assist with the project, and thanks to the recommendations of many of my readers, I was overlooked. For me, this is simply one of those headline grabbing nonsense ideas that surface from time to time, destined to be remembered as a damp squib (who is going to read all this stuff?), and I feel fortunate not to be associated with the project.

Yes, I suppose it's possible that this is just sour grapes, but one of the problems with the internet is that it allows absolutely any old Joe Bloggs to publish a whole load of rubbish!

Anyway, I predict total chaos in the parks and long queues outside web cafés, so I have decided to get away from it all and return to my training camp for the week. While the nation runs and writes, I'll just be running.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home