Thursday, February 15, 2007

Altitude training

A thousand apologies blogfans (that should be enough to go round), but I've been away training at altitude. My chosen camp is situated on the edge of the National Forest, about 150ft above sea level. Communication is difficult, with patchy mobile reception and no broadband - blogging is for blumberjacks.

Sporting my new grade-two haircut (I am always looking for that edge over the competition), I completed a 10½mi run on Monday. Fortunately the weather was warmer, and so I was also able to ditch my lycra layer, which was attracting far too much attention anyway, mainly from men. The only downside was running past the pig farm three times.

I'm back in London now though. A 6km sprint last night and now two days rest before 17½mi on Saturday. Time to start the serious training!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home